Monday, December 3, 2012

The Next Big Thing: Me!!!

Greetings!!!

The lovely Selah Janel sent out the call for writers to play tag with her in the The Next Big Thing blog hop and I of course answered. So here is my contribution!

What is your working title of your book?

Fire and Ice

Where did the idea come from for the book?

As with most of my books my publisher sent me a cover to seduce me into writing a story for it. 

What genre does your book fall under?

This book is more on the darker paranormal romance side and I'm so excited about it.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I can't really think of an actor right now....ummmm....have to put my thinking cap on.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

This is going to be a wild wide!

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

This book is going to be published by Beautiful Trouble Publishing.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Lord!!! It took me over a year and a half to finish this story. Sigh...and now I have to get through edits.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I've written a trilogy called The Goddess Chosen Trilogy that has strong female characters dealing with supernatural forces outside of their control that is within the same genre.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

When I was given the cover I was racking my brain trying to figure out what the hell I was going to write and I decided to read poetry for inspiration. I came across a poem by Robert Frost called Fire and Ice that got my creative synapses snapping and voila a story was born.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

This book is a roller coster of who done it and mystery. The poem was a major influence because it had me think about love, hate, and the thin line that separated them both. How strong emotions create strong actions and what it would be like for two people caught in that storm. This is a very dark story but I think all love stories have dark moments and I was really excited to explore that.

Who I've tagged!!

These ladies are my road dawgs and I find it only appropriate that you come to enjoy their work as much as I do. They each are wickedly funny with their own unique brand of storytelling that has you sighing with contentment once the story is done and eagerly awaiting for the next. 







2 comments:

  1. Boss of a cover! Can't wait to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Because I love whodunits! People don't do them all that well anymore, so throw in enough paranormal to make it interesting and you've got my attention.

    Ljay

    ReplyDelete